Monday 17 October 2011

Research Seminar: Matthew Ward

At this week's research seminar we're being treated to a visit by Matthew Ward (University of Dundee). Matthew is the author, most recently, of The Battle for Quebec: 1759. He writes:
My current research examines the Seven Years' War in North America and its effects on Native Americans, French-Canadians and Anglo-American settlers. More broadly I am interested in Britain's involvement in early America, and the interaction of the British Empire with different peoples. This is reflected in my background, as I have been described in one review of my work as a 'genuinely trans-Atlantic product' with English roots, an American PhD, Canadian research interests, living and working in Scotland. These research interests take me to both sides of the Atlantic, conducting much of my research in archives in London, Canada and the United States, and giving conference papers on both sides of the Atlantic.

On Wednesday 19, he will be speaking about: "Justice from the law is fled’: Court and Community in the First American West, ca. 1730-1815.

Arts 2.84, 3pm - all welcome.

No comments: