- The Guardian has a Mark Twain quiz
- The Atlantic has opened it's Twain archives
- The New York Times examines Twain's private library and his literary criticism
- The Huffington Post has a whole series of Twain posts, including a consideration of Twain's work as an animal rights activist
- The Telegraph looks at Twain's travel writings
- In the Financial Times, John Sutherland debates Twain's role as the father of American literature
- And for NPR, Alan Greenblatt ponders "Why Mark Twain Still Matters"
And finally, a cartoon from the Baltimore American, April 23 1910 - Uncle Sam grieving at Twain's bedside: