Getting ready for the graduate jobs market 2016 – making the most of your summer
Tue 9 Jun 2015, 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM (followed by panel of recent UEA graduates and networking drinks reception until 6.30pm)
BOOK YOUR PLACE AT: https://mycareercentral.uea.ac.uk/students/events/detail/491369
There will be massive opportunities for UEA students graduating next year (2016), with the graduate recruitment market getting stronger and stronger.
However, many companies will be starting to recruit their 2016 intake as soon as the 2015 Autumn term starts – and if you are interested in the Civil Service – UK and European, then you also need to be ready to act!
Don’t miss out on the job you want by not being ready. Instead, gain a real advantage by using your time now and over the summer to think and plan, and then hit the ground running in September. To help you navigate and prepare for the graduate recruitment market, the Careers Service is putting on a special session for students preparing to graduate in either 2016, or 2017.
The session will include:
- An overview of how the graduate jobs market works and what employers are looking for
- The difference between a "grad scheme" and a "graduate job" - including tips on how to decide what kind of role might be best for you
- Details of the major graduate employers, their deadlines, and their processes
- Tips on how to make the most of your summer
- Advice on how to research and search for jobs within different sectors
- Help in starting to establish what it is you want to do, even if you’re not sure now
- PLUS – hear from, and speak to, recent UEA graduates about their experiences with a free drinks reception!
Places are limited, so if you are interested in attending please book now.We know it is probably the last thing you want to do after exams – however, we also know it can make a real difference. Why not end this academic year, by setting yourself up to succeed next year?
Post a Comment