- As it did during the disaster itself, the New Orleans Times-Picayune leads the coverage of Katrina commemorations, and provides an archive of its hurricane editions
- Historian and New Orleanian Douglas Brinkley accuses the government of "Reckless Abandonment" of the city in the Washington Post...
- ...whilst Tim Shorrock reports on alleged attempts by casino and real estate investors to turn the Mississippi Gulf Coast into a "little Las Vegas" for Salon.
- The Washington Post accompanies George Bush on his tour of the disaster zones; meanwhile, the New York Times reports on the presidential hopefuls who have descended on New Orleans to call for renewed rebuilding efforts
- To mark the anniversary, BBC4 is showing Spike Lee's award winning documentary, When The Levees Broke: A Requiem In Four Acts, in its entirety.
Wednesday 29 August 2007
News: New Orleans - Two Years On
Two years after Hurricane Katrina devastated large parts of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast, the recovery effort continues - slowly.