- The New York Times reprints George Bush's remarks to the conference here...
- ...and The Times provides the text of the Annapolis agreement here.
- The New York Times editorial strikes a cautiously optimistic tone: "We are encouraged that President Bush [...] has finally accepted the challenge of peacemaker."
- But Michael Oren, also writing in the New York Times, judges that "the chances for any progress emerging from Annapolis seem at best remote."
- And Fred Kaplan, writing for Slate, ponders a missed opportunity for Condoleezza Rice and George Bush here.
- Finally, CBS asks, "Now What?"
Sunday, 2 December 2007
News: Annapolis Conference Assessed
This week saw the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis play host to a potentially historic Middle East peace conference, featuring the participation of over 40 countries. Now that is over, the assessments are beginning.